Xenosis: Alien Infection
A downloadable game for Windows
You are a deep space salvage hunter, who has discovered the remains of the starship "Carpathian", thought destroyed on a deep space mission nearly 50 years ago on the planet Epsilon Eridani. How did it get here? What happened to it?
You know that the data core housed in the ships AI will be worth a lifetime of credits to the right buyer, so you dock with the ship to retrieve it. You only hope that the ship is empty… surely nothing can be alive after so long?
Fight, Scavenge, Craft... do what you need to survive
Xenosis: Alien Infection is still in development, and you can download the pre-alpha today and play. As a solo indie developer, I welcome feedback from anyone, as often its hard to see the woods for the trees when developing on your own :)
If you download and you like this game, please support us on our Kickstarter and Greenlight page :)
- Story driven content. Learn the secrets of the Carpathian, its crew and what happened on its fated mission 50 years ago. A branching story line, rich with detailed characters provide the narrative of the complex and deep story. You can read more on this here
- Awesome retro pixel art. Utilising modern realtime 3D dynamic lighting and shadowing that bring 3D depth to a 2D game, not seen in a top down game before!
- Manage your resources. The Carpathians environment is harzardous, you will need to maintain a supply of oxygen and prevent your suit from damage and tears, otherwise your journey will end quickly. Battle not only enemies, but the hazards of the environment, extreme temperatures, radiation, toxins and the vacuum of space.
- Craft to survive. Scavenge what you can from ship and use it to craft supplies, ammo and upgrades for your weapons and environmental suit. Over 64 schematics to find and use at your disposal, with many more planned.
- Exciting and tense combat. With advanced enemy AI against you, use tactics to overcome your enemies. With multiple weapon types and deployable items at your disposal, you have unlimited tactical options.
- Take the stealthy approach. Sometimes all out gunfights aren't the way, use stealth with the dynamic light and shadow system to bypass obstacles and enemies.
- A whole starship to explore. This isn't some lifeless procedurally generated ship, it's a hand crafted starship with multiple themed decks to explore and hidden secrets to discover, the game oozes attention to detail.
- 3D positional hi-def audio. Using the latest in audio design techniques, you will get maximum immersion in your adventure through the Carpathian
- Keyboard, Mouse & Controller Native support for keyboard and mouse, along with all popular controllers (Xbox 360, Xbox One, Dualshock 3 & 4) with many other 3rd party controllers supported too
- Localised in many languages The game was designed and built with localisation of all text and graphics from the start, and many languages are going to be included.
- Steam Goodies Steam achievements and trading cards will be supported on release
- 60FPS! Everyone wants 60 FPS right? Heck, it runs at over 200 on my laptop…
Just unzip and run the .exe to play :)
Move - WASD / Left Stick
Aim - Right Mouse Button / Right Stick
Fire - Left Mouse Button / Left Trigger
Reload - R / X (xbox) / Square (playstation)
Sprint - Left Shift / Left Bumper
Action - E / A (xbox) / X (playstation)
Cancel - Q / B (xbox) / Circle (playstation)
Inventory - I / Y (xbox) / Triangle (playstation)
Items - Tab / Left Bumper
Flashlight - Z / Dpad Up
Change Weapon - Mouse Wheel / Dpad L/R
Pause - Esc / Start